Request a FREE Business Strategy Session to see if coaching is right for you.
CALL NOW! (760) 930-9604
Today there is a growing knowledge of the term business coach. Not many years back, very few people were familiar with the term or exactly what one did. More familiarity was in terms such as business advisors and business consultants. Even though these terms are often put in the same category as coaching, they are not the same. […]
I get a lot of service professionals and small business owners who reach out to me with one common problem that is how do I get more clients, customers or increase my sales. What I often see business owners doing is grasping at straws, looking for a magic pill or exercising a strategy called hope. Of course none of these work. […]
In this video San Diego Business Coach Greg shares 10 shifts to make that will help you increase your sales, income and value in the world. The sub heading would fall within the lines of “stop selling and start fearlessly serving other”. […]
A Commitment to Peace.
I believe that much of the suffering in the world could be reduce if people would simply adhere to what I call, Rules of Engagement – The basics of effective communication.
I have put together the follow list of ways to show up in a conversation that allows for true understanding to occur. Although many of the skills seem obvious, it takes practice and a real commitment to adhere to them.
• See communication as an opportunity and a gift rather than a challenge or threat.
• Communication speeds up when you slow down.
• Don’t interrupt when someone is speaking.
• Don’t criticize, judge or make someone wrong.
• Listen to understand versus reply.
• Maintain good eye contact when possible.
• Be an open and nonjudgmental listener.
• Speak in “I” statements.
• Avoid he said, she said.
• Only share your deepest truth.
• Be able to distinguish facts from judgments, opinions, assumptions and feelings.
• Eliminate gossip.
• Be direct and ask for what you want.
• Practice a high quality of attention when listening.
• Practice self-awareness before speaking.
• If you don’t understand something ask for clarification.
• Acknowledge the speaker.
• Be generous with your listening.
• Let others speak first.
• Set aside preconceived ideas.
• Understand the subject that you are communicating about. Don’t wander off-topic or subject. • Welcome all thoughts, feelings and insights without invalidating.
• Become comfortable with silence and pregnant pauses.
• Ask a well thought out question, wait and listen.
• Go deeper with one question.
• Refrain from interrogating.
• Commit to getting yourself understood to the best of your ability.
• Own your judgments, feelings and reactions as your stuff, don’t make it about someone else.
• Reduce or eliminate self referencing.
• Be present to what’s arising in your own consciousness and communicate that.
• Receive and release another’s communication.
• Avoid trip laying.
• Ask, don’t tell.
• Get permission before offering feedback, coaching or advice.
Please share with friends, family, and co-workers.
San Diego Business Coach Greg Clowminzer in response to a coaching client question shares some insight into something men either don’t understand or is overlooked. In either case it is the demise of most men. Grab Your Free Strategy Session
San Diego Business Coach Greg Clowminzer shares a way to reprioritized your business model and thinking to avoid entrepreneurial burnout. He calls it making the shift from product and service based marketing to lifestyle based marketing.
1. Put your Passions first
2. People second
3. Profits third
Periscope is the perfect tools for making the shift into lifestyle based marketing.
Please follow me on Periscope @gregzencoach
What is a weekly …
San Diego Business Coach Greg Clowminzer shares some ideas about what business owners and professionals can learn from Mixed Martial …