The coaching process is discussion and action-based, so helping the client to create an action plan is an integral part of coaching. An action plan is a list of steps (actions) that the client is going to take, which should lead to the result that they want. Most action plans are time lined also, which means that dates have been added to each action so the plan is trackable.
Why This Works
The Action Plan puts down on paper what is going to happen and acts a guide and management system for the client and coach. Just putting this “into existence” helps to organize thought, prompt ideas, and identify needed resources.
6 Steps To Increasing Your Productivity
1. Get the goal or objective clear, personal and perfect.
2. Write down all the steps to take to reach this goal, in any order. Just get them down on paper.
3. Look to see what else is needed to do or obtain which will guarantee the result occur, not just move the client towards it.
4. Rewrite the steps neatly, in order of action, and time line (puts dates next to) each step. Post the Action Plan in a place where it is frequently seen and prompts you to take action.
5. Arrange for a support and reporting structure to keep the Action Plan alive and the goal being reached.
6. Update the Action Plan with progress or changes.
Grab a copy of my Project Planning Worksheet: Click Here
To schedule a free coaching call to see if coaching might be the help you need, simply call 760-930-9604. There is no charge. This is a no-pressure, no-obligation opportunity to see if coaching is right for you.
Greg Clowminzer, Business and Life Coach
Business Consulting | Business Coaching | Time Management | Sales Coaching | Management Consulting | Executive Coaching | Life Coaching | Business Leadership | Stress Management | Leadership Coaching | Executive Leadership | Sales Consulting | Conflict Resolution | Success Coaching | Strategic Consulting | Personal Coaching | Management Coaching | Professional Coaching | Executive Consulting & other Consulting Services.
Greg Clowminzer is a life and business coach located at 6351 Alexandri Circle, Carlsbad CA 92011.