“It is not only by the questions we have answered that progress may be measured, but also by those we are still asking. …knowledge alters what we seek as well as what we find.” – Freda Adler
This is ONE of the most IMPORTANT tools you may EVER use!!!
I recommend you spend time each month questioning YOUR LIFE. Take an honest appraisal of what’s REALLY going on with the help of the 7 P’s Personal Performance Process. It will give you clarity, insight, solutions and priorities which you can begin to take conscious action.
Time to make sure your ship is steering the right course. I recommend about 1 hour per month and 4 hours per quarter to really review, reflect, re-orient, re-plan, recommit and realize rewards. Ideally take a weekend and have a mini retreat which gives you uninterrupted time. This can be such a powerful, enlightening and rewarding session.
Please do not procrastinate it away. You are the only one who can do it.
Spend at least 30 minutes and answer all of the questions below. Be brutally honest with yourself. These questions catch your blind spots, keep you on track and help improve your habits. When you ask them regularly, you will become more focused, clear, creative, purposeful, aware and balanced.
The 7 P’s Personal Performance Process:
Patterns, processes, procrastination – habits
– Where can I be more effective in what I am doing?
– What 5 things have I been procrastinating?
– What are my time wasters?
– How can I enhance my inter-personal skills?
Problems, past, pain
– Where am I vulnerable?
– Where do I hold myself back?
– What am I afraid of?
– Where do I not like myself?
– What stresses me?
– For what problems must I ask for solutions?
Perceptions and perspectives of myself and others
– What are the hidden agendas of my boss or partner or family?
– What contacts or friends do I want to develop more?
– What negative or limiting thoughts keep jumping into my mind?
– What key choices must I make?
– How can I increase my abundance?
– In what areas should I obtain more learning?
– What specific actions should I take to be more productive at work?
– What important project have I been putting off?
Principles and values
– What 3 areas in my life must I recommit to?
– Where must I clarify my stand or position?
– What deeds or actions must I forgive or accept?
– What must I do to bring more balance into my life?
– What value is most important for me to master now?
Purpose, potential, passion, power, possibilities, path
– What are my deepest heart-felt desires, dreams and visions?
– Where am I unclear of my life purpose and goals?
– How can I experience a greater sense of meaning in life?
– Where are some opportunities for me to give?
Peace of mind, play, pleasure, pamper
– When do I feel greatest happiness in my life?
– What activities do I find fun, and how can I do more of them?
– What new ideas are teasing me these days?
When you have completed the answers, ask yourself, “What am I missing? Is there anything else?” Use questions often. The subconscious mind is always answering. We must only practice asking and then listening.
“Questions focus our thinking. Ask empowering questions like: What’s good about this? What’s not perfect about it yet? What am I going to do next time? How can I do this and have fun doing it?” — Charles Connolly
Request a FREE Coaching Consultation to see if coaching is right for you.